Friday, February 19, 2010

Bobby Steele on health care


Written by Bobby Steele on February 16, 2010

"Here are a few facts to consider when you’re listening to discussions on this issue.

I was born in 1956 with Spina Bifida. At the time, my father worked for a small auto dealership as a mechanic. In 1962, he left that job and a year later landed a new one. In the interim, we moved to Hawaii, where jobs were lacking and schools weren’t up to par. While there, I contracted a strain of Polio. Yet, after moving back to New Jersey and finding new employment, and then discovering that I also had a tumor in my spine that was a result of the Spina Bifida (that oft-discussed “pre-existing condition” we hear so much about in this debate), the insurance company picked up the entire tab for surgery that, in today’s dollars would probably add up to well over a million dollars..."

For the rest of this article, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment